COVID Prevention Safety Protocols
Both the PME-NA organisation and the venue "El Cid Resorts" are committed to the ensuring the safety of all in-person participants.
We will follow all the venue protocols outlined below. Furthermore, the safe distance protocol will also be observed in all sessions, with participants seated separately and with all participants wearing a mask at meetings at all times.
Below are the venue protocols, which can be found in more detail at https://www.elcid.com/el-cid-resorts-always-committed
El Cid Venue COVID Prevention Protocols: ALWAYS COMMITTED
Determined to keep up with COVID-19 Certification in facilities, El Cid Resorts has partnered up with experienced and world-renowned companies specialized in quality and hygienic processes certifications, Preverisk and Cristal, to properly carry out vigorous cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout the different areas within the resorts.
- All staff will wear masks, gloves and, when necessary, protective masks.
- Practice of physician distance in all areas.
- Hand sanitizer available in all “guest contact” areas.
GUESTS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS AT ALL TIMES INSIDE THE RESORT
It is of utmost importance that all guests wear their face mask when they arrive and while they are at the resort, as well as practicing social distancing, in this way we create an even safer environment for all our guests and employees.
#ALWAYSCOMMITTED PROTOCOL PROGRAM
Commitment to hygiene protocols and preventive action measures against COVID-19
- El Cid Resort’s operation has strengthen, including additional guidelines for guests, partners and staff, thus reinforcing its dedication to service and care, to continue offering insuperable vacationing experiences for guests and families.
- Determined to keep up with COVID-19 Certification in facilities, El Cid Resorts has partnered up with experienced and world-renowned companies specialized in quality and hygienic processes certifications, Preverisk and Cristal, to properly carry out vigorous cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout the different areas within the resorts.
- All staff will wear masks, gloves and, when necessary, protective masks.
- Physical distancing is enforced in all areas.
- Placement of hand sanitizer in all “guest contact” areas.
COMMITMENT UPON ARRIVAL:
- Upon arrival physical contact with transportation vehicles and people is to be avoided, luggage will be received and immediately taken through a sanitation process.
- Body temperature will be checked with a thermal camera thermometer.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers available at set stations.
- It is necessary that guests use face masks at the time of arrival.
- Physical separation between the receptionist and guest through a protective glass.
- Valet Parking service is temporarily suspended. Indications provided of available.
- Check-in and check-out is done by a single person per family following the distance signs posted on floors.
- Symbols and signs displayed to reinforce safe physical distancing in areas like: front desk, spa, restaurants, swimming pools, etc.
- Assigned and exclusive personnel for bracelet placement following hygiene measures.
- Work areas, surfaces, materials and equipment routinely and constantly cleaned and disinfected every 2 hours.
- Staff and guests are encouraged to respect the “no contact” and physical distancing policies, a wave and smile go a long way. Staff wear the #AlwaysCommitted pin.
Click here to learn about some of our dear guests' experiences on their pleasant ans safe stay in our resorts.
COMMITMENT TO GROUPS AND CONVENTIONS:
- Larger groups, charters and event parties that plan to arrive have a special area assigned according to the number of guests that make up the group to checkin and deliver bracelets.
- Designated personnel assigned to each group according to needs, always keeping a safe physical distance and carrying the necessary equipment.
- Each group must fill out a preregistration form that must be sent 48 hours before arrival, thus avoiding conglomerations.
COMMITMENT TO ROOM CLEANLINESS:
- Complete disinfection and sanitation carried out in rooms with nebulizing equipment meeting the requirements of the COVID19 certification.
- Housekeeping team wear latex gloves and face masks when performing the indicated cleaning processes.
- Unnecessary and/or additional cushions, pillows, covers and towels that will not be used are to be removed from the room.
- All room bedding will be changed upon departure.
- With a Hygiene Photometer random tests will be carried out to scan rooms, corridors and work equipment to verify proper disinfection practice.
- Air conditioning filters are cleaned and disinfected after departure and bactericide is applied to air conditioning outlet grilles.
- Riviera Maya properties count with a sophisticated external air cooling process installed that is used in all rooms when turning on the air conditioning, obtaining a 24hour clean air system.
- Rooms will have a “guarantee seal”, indicating that the room has been sanitized under the strict protocols of Preverisk and Cristal.
- Carpets in all rooms have been removed.
HUMAN RESOURCES’ COMMITMENT:
- Enforced and added permanent protocols that include the use of face masks, hand washing and physical distance in all areas of the resorts.
- Implementation of hand sanitizer before the collaborator's entrance to the hotel and in different areas of operation.
- A cleaning protocol for personnel transportation is carried out before and after each arrival.
- Temperature check of all collaborators upon arrival.
- The Human Resources staff and area supervisors monitor the correct use of face masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer in all areas of the resort.
- Developed and established specialized trainings in the cleaning processes for all areas including suggestions for employees to practice at home, focused on staff and their families’ safety.
- A manual was created with essential information on standard hygiene processes and protocols for collaborators and their families.
- The Quality and Hygiene staff is in charge of verifying all the interaction processes with guests, established by Preverisk and Cristal.
- A cleaning protocol is carried out for transportation before and after the arrival of staff.
- Physical distancing in areas for staff in dining rooms, offices and dressing rooms, following the implemented and recommended standards.
- Sanitizing mats installed to disinfect the soles of staff member shoes.
- The Human Resources department has medical personnel to carry out health inspections to ensure that staff does not present symptoms such as fever, cough or flu.
COMMITMENT IN FOOD AND BEVERAGES:
- Established maximum capacity of guests per consumption center and distance between each table.
- Continue to strengthen the implemented cleaning and disinfection processes as established by NOM-251 and the international standards of the Preverisk Group and Cristal in kitchen areas and bars.
- Restaurant doors will be opened upon arrival to welcome guests in.
- Frequent and routine disinfection of menus, checkbooks, terminals, pens and phones constantly and after each use.
- Maximum capacity of guests and access will be limited, with the help of signs and single lines; buffet lines assisted by kitchen staff.
- Chefs, cooks and other staff are to wear protective face masks and latex gloves to perform the table service.
- Intensified cleaning process and disinfection of utensils and work tables every 20 minutes.
- Acrylic barriers in the areas of bars and cashiers to prevent direct contact with guests.
- Implemented a double training for all kitchen staff on sanitizing areas both in the hotel and at home.
- Trustworthy Room Service, staff is highly trained under Preverisk and Cristal standards to prepare and deliver food.
COMMITMENT TO TRANSPORTATION AND TOURS:
- All transportation units are washed and disinfected with standardized processes and nebulizers approved by Preverisk.
- At the end of each service a cleaning process on all surfaces in which clients or staff can come in contact with is carried out.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, towels and disinfectant spray, disposable handkerchiefs in individual presentation.
- Continuous reinforcement of processes and protocols indicated by Preverisk, a specialized company.
- All staff is to use face masks and latex gloves at all times, maintaining a safe distance between passengers and customers.
- Limited passenger capacity in each transportation unit.
- Disinfecting towels provided for guests to clean any carry-on luggage before boarding the transportation unit.
COMMITMENT TO SHOWS AND ACTIVITIES:
- During shows and activities physical distance between each guest will be implemented.
- Dressing room cleaning will take place before and after each show and shift.